Day 5 at the FAR clinic

Wow am I tired.  This process is exhausting even with the rest yesterday.  I don't know what is doing me in the most, maybe its everything.  Funny enough, the gym seems to be the easy part.

I have been trying to understand the science behind the treatments so that I can explain it better to all of you.  Quite frankly, I understood the basic concept but there is so much more to it, that I would like understand.   They have quite a bit of material on their research that I read often (and retain little) but each time I start to understand it a little more so I can atleast ask the right questions.

I get Hyperthermy, and I have already talked about it a bit.  It widely used and most common in Europe.  There is no lack of evidence to show the benefits of this treatment for many diseases.  And I may have already mentioned but the most renowned Lyme clinic is in Germany and they solely treat with Hyperthermy.

But there are two treatment that deal with magnetic pulsing and another that deals with electromagnetic pulsing (who knew there was a difference).  The magnetic pulsing frequency treatment is what NASA uses to treat astronauts, especially when they are in space.  You go into a large hyperbolic chamber which infuses you with doses of oxygen while the machine does a subtle magnetic pulsing that radiates through your whole body.  It sounds silly but quite literally this is the hardest treatment to go through.  I battle nausea and dizziness every time.  And you only do it for 10 minutes.  Ideally you stay standing and the first two days I couldn't.  I felt like such a wimp.  But its intriguing because its hard to deny something is going on, when in minutes you feel like you might pass out or throw up.

I am told this type of therapy is one of our oldest forms, but was rediscovered by NASA and is now starting to sweep the US.  It has a lot to do with our electronic make up and cell healing.  Apparently our blood is 4% lead which is easily affected by magnetic frequencies as well as our individual cells.   Electromagnetic fields are the basis of all life.  The earth possesses an electromagnetic field which is a prerequisite for all living things (which is decline btw).  So all living organism, like us humans, require this finely tunesdnetwork of frequencies to coorindate all of our bodily functions.

NASA did a 4 year 3.5 million dollar study on the benefits of working with electromagnetic  & magnetic frequencies.  Apparently there are more than 300 studies that prove all the different benefits.  I understand that because it builds us at a cellular level it can improve most body activities. They showed red blood cells before and after a treatment.  Before they were stuck and bound together.  When this happens is decreases the efficiency of each cell because there is very little surface areas available for oxygen supply and retention and all cell processes that occur.  They explained that the same problem occurs with cancer. Carcinogenic substances bind to the cell, reducing it ability to absorb minerals and nutrients including oxygen, eventually destroying that cell.

The study showed how quickly each cell separated, formed a healthy consistency and were circulating more effectively, so able to support it self, absorb minerals and nutrients and perform functions efficiently, just with pulsed magnetic frequency. So as strange as the treatment seems to me, it is clearly supported in evidence and results.  Who am I to argue with NASA.  Except that I actually don't like the machine it makes me feel very crappy, so it better be working.

I have been trying to get a handle on all the supplements I am taking, but I learned today that it is a combo of up to 48 supplements, that are tailored to deal with each particular sisue.  So, I am still getting my head wrapped around that.  But most of them are dumped in the medical smoothie and is so interesting to me because they just blend everything together.  Vegetables, fruit, supplements and it tastes pretty good.  I have always been a big fan of juicing, but so much is wasted in using one of those machines.  This keeps all the components in it and as we know the majority of nutrients and minerals are int he peel or skin.

One of the supplements I am taking in high doses, I have never heard of it before, but here it is in a nutshell: 
The name of this supplement is Serrapeptase, and doctors in Europe have been prescribing it to treat everything from pain to atherosclerotic plaques.
Serrapeptase is an enzyme that is proving to be a superior alternative to NSAIDs (Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) traditionally used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. Serrapeptase has been used to treat chronic sinusitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains and torn ligaments, fibrocystic breast disease, ovarian cysts, ear, nose and throat infections, fibromyalgia, varicose veins, emphysema, asthma, bronchitis, migraines (vascular), Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD) including Crohn's, colitis and cystitis, enlarged prostate, pain, and postoperative inflammation.

Funny to realize that today because I had the craziest sneezing attack after treatment today (like 40-50 times), now I am having a crazy runny nose and phlegmy throat.  I am told these are all reactions to help my body get rid of the dead bastards.  I like that thought every time I blow my nose, a few more bastards in the garbage can!  I knew something was brewing in my head today.  I was having wild twitches on my way into the clinic.  Picture me walking in past people and a little dance was going on in my eyes and cheeks.  Yup, I can only imagine the thoughts of the people who saw me... I was quite a sight. I think the little bastards were fighting, but they lost.  Bastards 1- Kristy 4 ( I gave them one for yesterday, they knocked me down)

They had a lot of questions today about what I felt was failing in the Canadian system.  The truth is I don't really understand all the problems with our system, but I did give them my rudimentary synopsis.  I really just find it frustrating to talk about, so I would rather not.  It was a problem when my dad got cancer, it was a problem for millions of others and remains so today. I am encouraged by all the press Lyme is getting these days, but we move so slowly.  I believe we are still decades away from getting a good handle on fighting it.

What was interesting to me is understanding how these treatments are challenging even in the states.  Which I find shocking when NASA uses one of them.  The basic issue is the FDA's hesitation to investigate many alternative methods because there are so many placebo treatments and hoaxes out there.  The cool thing about the FAR clinic is two doctors spent the last 7 years researching over 300 treatments.  They eventually narrowed it down to 33 valuable systems.  From there they tailored it to 6 treatments (modalities they call them) that are all that are necessary for full healing.  They have been treating patients for years and refining the system as it developed.  But the findings were only published last winter.  Good timing for me!

You know, in reflection here is my American vs. Canadian medical experience to date:
Strike 1) I had to find a doctor who sent my tests down to the States to realize I was Celiac
Strike 2) When I tore my MCL and meniscus, it took me 3 months to get an MRI and the doctor said "too bad you didn't come to me right after your injury, its too late to fix it". (I tore it on a Saturday playing hockey and called on the Monday).  I went to the States for a fairly non invasive treatment and it has never been better.
Strike 3) Now, this.

I have to tell you I give up on Canada. It wasn't cheaper in Canada - it costs me years and parts of my life.  It cost my dad his life along with many, many others, I believe.  This option may take a lot of my savings, but I feel it may be the best money I ever spent.  I don't care to dwell on the Canadian system any longer, and I promise not to bring it up again.  But I would like to find a way for those suffering to get the money to get quick, solid medical attention. We all deserve that, don't we!

Okay I am rambling now, must go.  Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment